Monday, October 29, 2012

First Letter from MTC


Greetings from the MTC Mom, Dad, Zack, and anyone who is reading this!

They told us just to write a quick letter now so that we know how the email works, so I'll keep this one short.

So far, all I have to say is Wow!!!!! It's been crazy, the moment I stepped into the MTC they took me to class and my teacher just started speaking really fast Italian to me! I had know idea what he was saying! I thought he was gonna go back to English after a bit, but he never does! He literally only speaks Italian to us, and we all have to figure out what he's saying. I'm confused with the language to say the least. However, the other Anziani who have been here for a while speak completely fluent basically, so I'm sure it will eventually come, at least I hope so.

It's pretty neat cause instead of 1 companion, I have 2!!!!! Our district calls us Peter, James, and John because we are the only threesome in the zone. My companions are Elder Bartholio, who is from Texas, and Elder Murphy, who is from Melbourne Australia! Both of them our great guys, and they have been amazing examples to me as I adjust to the mission field. It's funny too because Elder Garner in my district is from Mesa, and he is good friends with all the Mesa kids that were in my hall this summer. I can't get away from those Mesa kids haha.

Just to let you know, I'm feeling great healthwise, and I've been able to eat a good amount. Still basic food until I really feel like I can stomach more, but still a good amount of food. Also, I saw Elder Rice last night, and gave him a nice sock in the arm. He's exactly as I expected he would be when I saw him.  I really do love that kid haha..... he's quite the character and he's having a great time in the MTC.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I'm doin great, and that even though the MTC has been very hard so far, Its been such a blessing to be so busy that I don't have time to think about anything else! Literally I feel like no time is wasted here, and I actually kind of like it! This language has been a struggle so far, but I keep reminding myself that I've only been here for a couple days and that if I am obedient and if I study my hardest, the gift of tongues will help me out and make up for those struggles! Know that the church is true, and that the help I have recieved already as a missionary is already testifying to me that the Atonement is real, and that the Lord really does love His children, and that He is willing to help us if we ask Him!

I love you all, and I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing. Elder Bolanos sent me an email telling me all about the MTC, and it was so cool to read it! My P-day is on thursdays, but I can read letters and write everyday. I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!

 

Civediamo,

Anziano Walden

 

P.s. Mom, I totally knew you would leave a letter in my suitcase and I loved every word of it:) Love you tons Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment